Join Incredible Road trip to magical land of Buddhist Kingdom with
TEAM DELHI BIKERS ADVENTURE TOUR GROUP
Road trip in Bhutan is an off-beat experience riding through the lush green valleys, awe-struck amazing countryside, happy faces, unimaginable stunning passes, and the list goes on. To admire this raw aesthetic geography, one must encounter challenges on the roads, exotic curves, and the risk involved which further heightens the enjoyment.
Bhutan is a Buddhist kingdom on the Himalayas eastern edge, is known for its monasteries, fortresses and dramatic landscapes that range from subtropical plains to steep mountains and valleys. In the High Himalayas, peaks such as 7,326 M Jomolhari are popular trekking destinations. Paro Taktsang monastery (also known as Tiger’s Nest) clings to cliffs above the forested Paro Valley.
TOUR DURATION – 9 Nights 10 Days
- This tour is designed for people who want to explore Bhutan over a period of 10 days.
- We will start our tour from Bagdogra, West Bengal and end in Guwahati, Assam.
- You can either fly into Bagdogra or take a train till New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal.
- You can take a flight option from Guwahati or a train to your home cities after tour.
- Ride cross whole of Bhutan from east to west.
- Pass through highest motorable road in Bhutan – Chele La Pass.
- Hike to Taktsang Monastery, popularly known as ‘Tiger’s Nest’.
- Hassle free ride with trained supervisors, mechanics and support vehicles.
DAY WISE ITINERARY:
Day 1 : Bagdogra – Jaigaon / Phuentsholing
On arrival at bagdogra our representative will arrange a transfer to hotel from where we will start our roadtrip. This is the day when we cross the border and enter the land of the Thunder Dragon– Bhutan. We ride through the smooth National Highway that passes through paddy and tea plantations. After 155 kms, it is Bhutan. Although the two countries are separated by a gate, your senses will register the difference between the two countries instantly. We first halt at the immigration office to get permits sanctioned for the tour. Post the permit formalities, you are free to explore the town of Phuentsholing, its bustling markets and the local cuisine. (Night stay in Phuentsholing).
Day 2 : Phuentsholing – Paro
The next morning we have our breakfast and embark on the journey. Post that an uphill ride begins that takes us to the picturesque town of Paro. We arrive at the hotel and have our lunch. Evening can be sent exploring the city and visiting the Paro Dzong or the river side. Overnight stay in Paro.
Day 3 : Rest day at PARO
The Day begins early. All have early breakfast followed by a 2.5 hour hike up to the Taktsang Dzong or Tiger’s Nest Monastery. It is undoubtedly one of the most majestic, mesmerizing and memorable places you will ever see. Legend has it that Guru Padmasambhava flew to this exact spot on the back of a tigress in the 8th century and meditated here for 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days and 3 hours. He is also known as second Buddha for introducing Buddhism to Bhutan. A temple complex was built here in 1692 and is most popular for the thirteen tiger lair caves in which he meditated. We finish the trek by afternoon and then visit the National Museum if time permits. Evening is spent exploring the city and the local bazaars. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 4 : Paro – Punakha – Phobjikha
This day begins early as we prepare to leave for our first pass in Bhutan – the Dochula at 10301 feet. The ride to Phobjikha is an easy one. We have our lunch on the way and then check in to the hotel for night stay. The ride up to this place is nothing short of breath-taking, with dense vegetation and blooming flowers keeping you company and snow-capped mountains looming in the background. We spend the evening exploring the town and observing the locals and their lifestyle. A visit to the Dzong, one of the most beautiful monasteries, would definitely be worthwhile. Overnight stay at Phobjikha.
Day 5 : Phobjikha – Bumthang
Once again we state the day early and after breakfast ride to Trongsa. On our way we stop to visit the 18th century stupa called Chendebji Chorten, built by Lama Shida, modelled after the famous Swayambhunath Stupa of Nepal. Legend has it that an evil spirit took the form of a gigantic snake and to cover its remains this structure was erected. This is the one of the longest riding days of the trip, but the whole experience is soothing to the eyes as well as the soul. It is also on this day that we ride across two of the highest motor-able passes in Bhutan – Pele La and Yotong La. Overnight stay at Bumthang.
Day 6 : Rest Day at Bumthang
We have our breakfast and head out to explore the town of Bumthang. There is a lot to see here, from the serene valleys to the Dzong and monasteries including the Jakar Dzong, Jamey Lhakhang, which is one of the oldest monasteries in the country and Kurje Lhakhang which is considered to be one of the most sacred places as it is here that Guru Rimpoche left his body imprint. We have our lunch and then head out to the very famous Red Panda Brewery and Swiss cheese factory. Overnight stay at Bumthang.
Day 7 : Bumthang – Punakha
Bumthang to Punakha is a little more than 200 Kms and takes a total of about 8-9 hours. Enroute punakha, you need to pass 2 famous Passes – the Pele La and the Yutong La. Pele La stands grand at 3420 meters with the customary Chorten (Stupa) and long colourful flags covering the hilltops. Yutong La is at 3425 m, again, marked by a Chorten and the flags.
Day 8 : Punakha – Thimpu
The distance from Punakha to Thimpu is about 80 Kms and takes a total of 3 hours if you were to drive non-stop. The drive is fine up to the Dochula Pass, despite the road widening work that is going on.
Day 9 : Thimpu – Siliguri
Early morning, we will have breakfast towards our return destination towards Siliguri. It’s a journey of 10 hrs. We ride through the smooth National Highway that passes through paddy and tea plantations.
Day 10 : Departure
Finally after riding for 9 days and covering different routes with our co-riders its time to say good bye to all. After breakfast, riders will leave for their respected home cities.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Accommodation on twin or triple sharing basis (11 Nights 12 Days)
- Daily Breakfast & Dinner at Hotel
- Royal Enfield 350cc Bike
- Experienced Mechanical Back up Support
- Service backup vehicle for carrying luggage.
- Experienced Road Captain
- Inner Line Permits and wildlife fees for restricted areas for Indian Nationals
- Basic first aid kit and medicines
- All drives, sightseeing and excursions as per the itinerary using NON-AC Toyota Innova or Traveller.
TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES
- Any meals which are not mentioned in inclusions.
- Any Travel expense to Bagdogra and from Guwahati to home.
- Any personal expenses like laundry, telephone bills, bed tea, mineral water, alcohol, .etc
- Additional accommodation, food charges on extension of the itinerary due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks..etc (to be borne by the client directly on the spot.)
- Any damage to rented bike.
- Any riding gears.
- Tip to driver and tour escort person.
- Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions.
- All applicable taxes.
- Any entrance fee to the monastery and monuments.
- No bill will be reimbursed against any missed service/facility.
- Travel Insurance.
- Cost for service provided on guest’s personal request.
- Difference in cost arising due to change in Taxes by the Government, will have to be collected directly ON ARRIVAL.
- Difference in cost arising due to change in Fuel price.
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle, other than scheduled & mentioned in the itinerary.
|One Bike One Rider||48,000/- Per Person|
|One Bike Two Riders||37,000/- Per Person|
|Journey in SUV/T Traveler||30,000/- Per Person|
|Your Bike Your Ride (Without fuel)||25,000/- Per Person|
Terms & Conditions :-
- Sequence of the day-wise tour program may change depending upon traffic schedules /restrictions on some roads and other unforeseen travel-related conditions.
- If there is any unprecedented hike in the cost of transport (including fuel surcharge) or accommodation it will also affect the cost
- We shall not be responsible for any change in the itinerary due to landslides, flight cancellations, weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances. The additional cost incurred will be in addition to the cost
- In case any participant falls sick during the tour, the expenses for medical treatment, travel and porter charged etc. will be borne by the concerned individual.
- Delhi Bikers Adventure Tour Group shall not be responsible for any accident, illness and loss of valuables or such other unforeseen events during the tour.
- Note: For Foreign, National Tourist Permit Charges would be extra.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR BOOKING
- For confirmation one have to deposit 5000/- (Non – Refundable) and after depositing the amount just send the Reference Number if you are transferring amount, scanned copy or a picture of the pay in slip at firstname.lastname@example.org or on whatsapp – +91-9255880005.
- Upto Sixty (60) days or more before the tour departure; 100% of the tour amount is refunded.
- Between Forty-five (45) days to Fifty-nine (59) days before the tour departure; 75% of the tour amount is refunded
- Between Thirty (30) days to Forty-four (44) days before the tour departure; 50% of the tour amount is refunded
- Twenty-nine (29) days or less before the tour departure; No refunds
- Participant have to send a cancellation letter through email if he/she is cancelling his/her roadtrip in advance.
- The Road trip can be cancelled or delay before the commencement in case of minimum participation of riders, in this case we will refund your collected amount on time.
FOR QUERY –
- Website :- dbatg.com
- Facebook Link :- https://www.facebook.com/DBATG
- Instagram Link :- https://www.instagram.com/dbatg
- Twitter Link :- https://twitter.com/dbatg1
- Tripoto :- https://www.tripoto.com/profile/delhibikersadventuretourgroup
- Google Link :- https://goo.gl/maps/TTsBhRsF7742
- Email id – email@example.com
- Contact – +91-9255880005